Monday, June 12
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
If you miss Registration Check-In, individual student schedules are not available until the following Tuesday morning at 7:30 AM in the Convention Center Lobby. The first class period begins at 8 AM on Tuesday so you will have time to get to your first class.
*If you are travel delayed and cannot arrive during Registration Check-In, explore contacting a friend to pick up your schedule for you.
We are committed to creating the perfect schedule individualized for each student. We aim to match them with appropriate teachers and peers in each of their classes. Our faculty review each schedule to verify the appropriateness of assignments, and therefore, schedules are available ONLY during Registration Check-In and not in advance.
2019 Week Schedule
Monday, June 23rd
- 12:00 – 2:00 PM Registration Check-In at the Convention Center Lobby
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM Orientation for Scholarship Recipients (who have a work-study agreement to complete) Where?
- 2:15 – 2:45 PM Solo Honors Recitalist (instructional meeting) where?
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM Teen Lodge Check-In (with teen counselors) lobby of Passage Point
- 3:30 PM All-Student Orientation and Play-Ins for student, teacher, and faculty participantsAt Orientation, you will meet the faculty/staff and receive information about class schedules, evening activities, and facilities. Attendance is very important. Play-Ins for all instruments except bass and harp will be in the plaza area. Bring your instruments with you to orientation so that you can go directly to your play-in!*The harp and bass play-ins are at The Charter so you don’t need to bring your instruments to the orientation if you are staying nearer to The Charter.
- 5:30-7:30 PM Explore Copper Mountain! Check out all the activities you can use with your $10 Copper Card and 1 Free Activity Pass!
Tuesday, June 24th through Saturday, June 29th
8:10-9:00 AM – Class Period 1
9:00-9:20 AM – Transfer Time
9:20-10:10 AM – Class Period 2
10:10-10:30 AM – Transfer Time
10:30-11:20 AM – Class Period 3
11:20-1:00 PM – LUNCH BREAK
1:00-1:50 PM – Class Period 4
1:50-2:10 PM – Transfer Time
2:10-3:00 PM – Class Period 5
3:00-3:20 PM – Transfer Time
3:20-4:10 PM – Class Period 6
4:30-5:20 AFTERNOON CONCERTS
- Tuesday: Student Solo Honor Recital
- Wednesday: Student Solo Honor Recital
- Thursday: Faculty Concert-acknowledgment of Practice Promise Keepers
Monday: Explore Copper!
Tuesday: Free night
Wednesday: 7-8 Play-ins with orchestra
Thursday: 7-8 Old-Time Fiddle Jam
Thursday: 8-9 Dalcroze Eurythmic session for teachers, parents, and students ages 13+
Friday: 6-7 Pianists as Partners Concert
Friday: 7-8 Square Dance with fiddling classes performing
Friday: 8-9 pm Improvisation Jam Session
Saturday: 5:00 PM Celebration Concerts (all students perform this evening in a variety of locations)
Saturday: 9:00 PM Institute Ends