Thelma Teitelbaum Memorial Suzuki Students and Teachers Scholarship Fund: Funded in memory of Thelma Teitelbaum, a Suzuki violin teacher, performer, and life-long music maker whose zest for life and dedication to education spanned over 100 years. The generous donor has offered seed money to get the program rolling and gauge interest and commitment from the donor community. For every dollar that is contributed before the end of the year the Teitelbaum scholarship fund will match your donation up to $2,000.00. So your $50 donation will turn into a $100 donation automatically! This is something completely new that will help complete the circle of Suzuki teachers and students, and ensure that no child seeking Suzuki training is left behind.
“After I attended a seminar featuring Shinichi Suzuki, I became so intrigued with his unique method of violin instruction that I adopted it. I soon built my own following of forty children, three years old and up, who learned the violin alongside their parents, a requirement of the Suzuki method. These were the most productive and rewarding years of my life.” -Thelma Teitelbaum in 2015 (five years before her passing at 100 years old)
Anne Donahue Memorial Scholarship: Thanks to everyone who donated in memory of Anne Donahue. Last year raised over $2150.00 and our goal is to exceed that this year. All of this money will be go to off-set the cost of tuition for Suzuki students who are attending CSI. We think Anne would love to know that the money donated will impact, not only Suzuki students but their families for years to come.
The Colorado Institute of Music has a long term goal of making our Institute available to any child who wishes to attend regardless of their family’s financial constraints. Admittedly, this is a lofty goal but we believe it is possible to reach this goal within the next 7 years. Please contribute if you can towards this goal. Each year we turn away many dedicated students because we cannot offer them financial assistance. They need our help. Your gift can help us assist more deserving young musicians. Colorado Suzuki Institute operates under a qualified 501c3 non profit named the Colorado Institute of Music.
1) Donations -Even a small donation can make a big difference in a child’s musical life.
2) Silent Auction -Are you ready for a new violin soon? Your entire cost can go to our scholarship fund if you are the top bidder on the Klaus von Aue violin with an Embassy case and carbon fiber bow donated by Robertson and Sons Violin Shop of Albuquerque! We have collected many items for our Scholarship Silent Auction this year. We are grateful for the many people who donate year after year.
Read the Daily Note newsletter for a full listing of items on the Silent Auction. Donations for the regular Silent Auction are for any tangible items such as CDs, books, jewelry, hand knitted mittens, etc. When filling out your donation form, please make sure to include a brief description of the item and list the value to help us determine the minimum bid amount. Silent Auction Form
3) Silent Auction Express -Donations for the Silent Auction Express are one-on-one experiences our faculty and staff donate that take place DURING the Institute. Donations are either Suzuki oriented or sharing a special non-musical skill. The key ingredient in these offerings is the special time spent with a teacher or staff member! Silent Auction Express Form
Examples of Silent Auction Express Auction Items
- 20-minute practice consultation
- 30-minute hike
- Dinner with a student and their family
- 30-minute Yoga or Stretching session, a knitting lesson, etc.
- Other special talents faculty would like to share!
4) T-shirts! -All proceeds from sales at the CSI T-shirt booth go directly into the scholarship fund. Please support this fund!
- 100% Cotton
- Shirt Color: sapphire blue
- Silk-screened design
Win daily prizes in the “Find Suzuki at Beaver Creek” contest. Search the shirt to find the hidden words for answers to music trivia. In order to win you must own a CSI shirt. Grand Prize is $500 in ‘Suzuki Bucks’ applicable towards CSI 2022 Institute tuition. One grand prize is awarded in each session. Proceeds support the scholarship fund for students and teachers. To purchase t-shirts for 2021 Institute for the whole family click here!
5) Memorial and Tribute Funds -– The Colorado Suzuki Institute accepts gifts in honor or memory of its alumni, past parents, grandparents and friends. When you make a tax-deductible memorial or tribute gift, we’ll send a note to the family of the person being honored or memorialized. It’s a thoughtful way to let someone know you’re thinking about them. If you would like to set up a Memorial Fund or Tribute Fund please contact Mark and Leah Biesterfeld directly at email@example.com or call (303) 476-4330 ext. #3.
¡Viva Suzuki! Help spread the Suzuki method worldwide
¡Viva Suzuki! is the name of our instrument donation program. Donate your used instruments, cases, bows, CD, music, strings, shoulder rests, and other musical items for use by music students in the US and other countries who need assistance.
Fill out the donation form below and the Colorado Suzuki Institute, a 501(c) 3 organization, will provide you with a receipt for your tax-deductible donation. Bring your no-longer-used musical items with you when you come to CSI.
If you prefer to ship your donation, please package it carefully and send to:
Colorado Suzuki Institute/Attn: Mark Biesterfeld
2985 Ward Court
Wheat Ridge, CO 80215
Suzuki teachers will distribute your contributions to the children of the world! With your assistance, we will spread the joy of music worldwide.
Request an item from Viva Suzuki
Schools, institutions, and organizations that are in need of instruments, cases, bows, CD, music, strings, shoulder rests, and other musical items should fill out the Request Form. Please note that Viva Suzuki does not donate to individuals.
School for the Blind in Bogota, Colombia is one of the programs our instrument donations help to support. Enjoy this short video about the school.