All rental instruments through Luther Strings must be prearranged by end of day, June 5th.
One of the realities for all musicians young or not, is travel with an instrument. For Suzuki students and teachers traveling to us here are some options for getting an instrument while you are attending the Colorado Suzuki Institute.
1) Bring your own: The most reliable is to bring your own instrument, bow, all your own appliances such as shoulder rest, chin rest, rosin, end pin stop, etc. If you are flying, many instruments will fit into the overhead bins as a carry on. For larger instruments such as full size cello another option is to own, borrow, or rent a travel case and check the instrument.
2) Rent instruments from Luther Strings: New this year you can now rent a violin, viola or cello from Luther Strings. All rentals MUST be prearranged by May 31st. To reserve an instrument, use the form below. Adjustment to a rental instrument is always easier if you are playing with your own bow so plan to bring your bow with you and end pin stop. You can also rent a Cello/Guitar Stool for $10 per week. For the younger cello and guitar students, we have a limited selection of lower height stools available for rental. Please reserve in advance to ensure that your young musician has the proper height seating for the week.
- Rental Forms through Luther Strings (Violin $40, Viola $40, Cello $75):
Information and Rental Contract for Luther Strings
- Rental Forms Through CSI:
3) Ship your own instrument to The Charter: Keep the packing material and then repack and arrange return shipping to your home via USP or FedEx pickup at your hotel when you depart. The Charter will assist you and hold your instrument in a secure location until you arrive. Robertson Violins has produced very helpful videos to show how to pack your instrument for safe travels. Plan ahead so that you and your instrument arrive safely.