View the lists below for suggestions of what to bring!
- Your own instrument. Pianos are provided.
- Your own instrument specific equipment such as seat cushions, foot rest, bow, rosin, shoulder rest, rock stop, etc.
- The newest edition of your specific Suzuki book and any review books for following along during observations
- a metronome
- a notebook to all classes
- Each teacher should review the entire Suzuki repertoire for your specific course. Memory is not required but recommended
- Teachers in the Teaching Practicum Course bring the recordings you’ve made.
- Except for pianists, each teacher should bring a music stand (labeled with your name) to the Institute.
- It can be chilly in the Rockies, even in June, so having layers is the best option.
- Afternoon showers are likely so bring a poncho or umbrella.
- Nights and early mornings will be very cool – it could snow!!
- Days are often in the 70-degree range.
- Be prepared by bringing a warm jacket and long pants. Shorts and t-shirts are often ok for daytime.
- It’s important to be prepared for the altitude of the mountains. Visit our page on Good Health In the Mountains to learn more and prepare!
If you forget something
- There are grocery stores a short drive or bus ride away in Avon. There is a Safeway, Walmart and Whole Foods a little further away in Frisco if you need any non musical items when you arrive.